Guide: OS X Mavericks (10.9) - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (Thunderbolt) - Hackintoshed
- GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Thunderbolt Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) HD 4000 Graphics
- Asus GTX670 Top (GTX670-DC2T-2GD5)
- Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
- CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
- 120 GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD MacSales
- Seasonic SeaSonic X760 -760W 80Plus Gold Certified ATX12V PSU
- SilverStone RAVEN Series RV03
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (R.I.P)
- Gigabyte EP45-DS3R (R.I.P)
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
- MSI Z77A-GD80 (Returned)
- 8 GB + Flash Drive
- Apple OS X Mavericks (10.9) Developer preview @ Apple Dev Site or any other source
- myHack 3.2 BETA 8 - Link
- Chameleon 2.2 svn r2246 - Link
- TonyMacx86 - Link
- Multibeast for Mountain Lion
Installation Drive Setup:
- Mount the OS X Mavericks 10.9.dmg (Your file might be named something different)
- Right click on Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview and click Show Package Contents
- Navigate to /Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview.app/Contents/SharedSupport/ and copy the InstallESD.dmg file to your desktop
- You can unmount the OS X Mavericks 10.9.dmg
- Insert your flash drive. Launch myHack.
- Type in your machine’s password
- Select Create OS X Installer then Create OS X 10.9 Install Disk
- Now select your flash drive
- It will remove all existing data!
- Now select Browse and select the InstallESD.dmg on your desktop
- Navigate to your Flash Drive /myHack OS X Install Disk/Extra/
- Delete everything except for the following:
- In a new Finder window open your existing hackintosh’s hard drive and it’s /Extra folder
- Copy everything from it to your myHack drive
- Verify that you have the MacPro3,1 SMBIOSinstalled.
- Launch Multibeast
- Select the following:
- On the next screen select your Flash Drive
- Finish the installer
- Boot off of the Flash Drive
- Work your way through the prompts
- Choose your installation drive and continue
- It will ask you if you want to use your own /Extrafolder.
- Select yes and browse to the Flash Drive and select the /Extra folder there
- The rest of the prompts will ask you if you don’t want to install certain kexts. I took it’s recommendation and didn’t install any of them.
- After the installation boot off of the Flash Drive and select the installation drive.
- If the installation doesn’t reboot. Click the Apple icon at the top of the screen and select reboot from there.
Post - Installation Procedure:
- Work your way through the prompts.
- Once you reach the desktop. run MultiBeast and select the following options:
- Now install Chameleon 2.2 svn r2246
- You’re done! Reboot and boot off of your installation drive.
- Thanks to eriksmets for the following:
- Don’t forget to remove /S/L/E/myhack.kext if you want native powermanagement to work. Sleep now works on my UP5 THSo far I haven’t had any other issues.
- iMessages is the only thing that doesn’t work for me.
- So far I haven’t had any other issues. If I do I’ll post them here.
Click on the pictures for larger versions:
Multi-Monitor Support! Finally!
← Previous • Next →